- This event has passed.
CPSC Synbio PhD Summer School
2018-08-20 - 2018-08-24
The course will aim at a well-rounded presentation of synthetic biology through the discussion of selected topics across the DNA-RNA-protein-metabolite spectrum. Examples of topics are:
- DNA: Gene circuits and genome editing
- RNA: The long reach of non-coding RNA
- Protein: Protein degradation by design
- Metabolite: Transport engineering and retrobiosynthesis
- Special theme: Expanding the genetic code
The academic discussions will be complemented by a discussion on intellectual property rights and a visit to a local industry.
1500 DKK (200 Euro)
Invited international speakers:
- Jason Chin, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
- Kristala Prather, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Holger Puchta, Karlsruhe Insitute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany
- Nathan Lord, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Nico Dissmeyer, Leibniz Institute of Plant Biochemistry, Halle, Germany
The international speakers will be joined by a selected group of experts from UCPH, including the four CPSC Young Investigators (Stephan Wenkel, Mathias Pribil, Fernando Geu-Flores and Sebastian Marquardt).
After taking the course, the PhD students will be able to:
- Recognize the wide range of research fields currently applying the concepts of synthetic biology
- Mention a number of specific applications of synthetic biology
- Recognize the importance of intellectual property rights in the continuous development of the field
- Start applying the concepts of synthetic biology to their own PhD projects